Daily Observations: December 14, 2012
- Short AUDUSD from 1.0582 (3/4), Stop at 1.0582, Target 1 at 1.0515 HIT, Target 2 at 1.0460, Target 3 at 1.0415
- Long EURCHF from 1.2018, Stop at 1.1990, Target 1 at 1.2500, Target 2 at 1.2750
- Short EURUSD from net 1.3103 (entries 1.3085, 1.3110), Stop at 1.3130, Target 1 at 1.3030, Target 2 at 1.2950, Target 3 at 1.2880
- Long USDJPY from 80.65 (1/2), Stop at 82.75 (daily close), Target 2 at 83.30, Target 3 at 84.00
Recently Closed Positions:
- Closed Short AUDUSD from 1.0582 (1/4) at 1.0515 for +67-pips
Time Frame: 1-day to 1-week
I'm making no changes to my game plan although today's November CPI print really threw a wrench into the US Dollar's recent strength, given falling yields as a result of deflation and disinflation. Nevertheless, I like both the technicals and the fundamentals at this point for weakness in the AUDUSD and EURUSD into early next week.
Over the weekend, I'll be watching the Japanese election results on Sunday morning, which should see Shinzo Abe come to power. The former prime minister is also a proponent of unlimited easing by the Bank of Japan, which is the main reason that the Yen has been so pressure recently. If for some reason Shinzo Abe does not come to power, the Yen could be set for a major move next week. We should know the election results by market open, so large gaps in Yen-crosses are likely.
--- Written by Christopher Vecchio, Currency Analyst
To contact Christopher Vecchio, e-mail email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter at @CVecchioFX
To be added to Christopher’s e-mail distribution list, please fill out this form
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.