Foundations of Technical Analysis: Trading Psychology
- Foundation of Technical Analysis: Building a Trading Strategy- complete series and webinar archives
- See these tools & methodology used in practice, Join Michael for his Weekly Strategy Webinar on Monday mornings.
- New to Forex? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
In this episode of our bi-weekly webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis we discuss the psychological pitfalls that can overcome our ability to objectively asses market conditions. Recognize that it’s not about being ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ – the market is always right. Our objective is to identity the best possible position to convey a bias on a given market while always keeping risk management at the forefront. Don’t rely on too heavily on any single bit of information, but rather take a more holistic view of the current state of price within the broader trend.
Finally, get as many trades under your belt as possible- live trades (no matter how small) will not only train you to better handle risk (and the emotions that come with it), it will also help you objectively evaluate issues or areas of improvement within your strategy / technique. Experience is the best teacher and fine tuning your investigative approach on price will increase your confidence with trade execution.
New to Forex Trading? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
- Humility in trading – overcoming psychological pitfalls that can impact objective assessment
- Gathering the evidence to support a your thesis as a gauge of conviction
- Identifying price extremes using Rate of Change (ROC)
- Price divergences across related assets
- Using multi-timeframe approach to view price from the prism of trend.
- Review of actual trade setups across the majors
- Trading Q&A Session
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
- EUR/USD Weekly Technical Perspective– Euro Defends 2018 Lows
- USD/CAD Price Outlook: Key Resistance Holds into the October Close
- Gold Price Outlook: XAU/USD Bulls Face First Test of Uptrend Support
- NZD/USD Price Outlook: Kiwi Carries Breakout Potential
Join us for the next Foundations of Technical Analysis Q&A webinar on Friday November 16th at 10am EDT- Register Now!
Previous Foundations of Technical Analysis Episodes
- Seeing the Forest from the Trees
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 2
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 1
- Sticking to the Strategy
- Examining Near-term Price Action
Send requests on topics for upcoming Foundations of Technical Analysis webinars to email@example.com.
Want more information on technical analysis and trading strategies? Check out our Free DailyFX Trading Guides!
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.