Sentiment Data Sending Bearish Signals for US Dollar | Webinar
What's on this page
Market sentiment analysis:
- IG client positioning data are flashing bearish signals for the USD against many of the other major currencies.
- That’s despite ongoing concerns about US-China trade and a possible Turkish invasion of the Kurdish-held region of Syria.
IG Client Sentiment data bearish for USD
The latest IG retail trader positioning data suggest losses for the US Dollar despite its role as a safe haven that might have been expected to benefit from the continuing US-China trade tensions and reported preparations by Turkey for a military operation in northeast Syria after the US began pulling back troops from the border, opening the way for a Turkish attack on Kurdish forces.
IG Client Sentiment data (October 8, 2019)
Source: DailyFX (You can click on it for a larger image)
In this webinar, I looked at the trends in the major currency, commodity and stock markets, at the forward-looking data on the economic calendar this week, at the IG Client Sentiment data and at the IG Client Sentiment reports that accompany it.
Resources to help you trade the markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.