EUR/USD Technical Strategy: SHORT AT 1.2407
- Euro posts largest one-day gain in six weeks versus US Dollar
- Rise seen as corrective within broader down trend resumption
- Looking for actionable opportunities to add to short exposure
See our quarterly Euro trading guide to learn what will drive prices through mid-year!
The Euro managed to score the largest one-day gain in six weeks against the US Dollar but the dominant trend bias continues to favor on-going weakness. Long-term positioning suggests the single currency marked the resumption of a decade-long down trend with April’s monthly close.
From here, a daily close above the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement at 1.1937 opens the door for a retest of former support in the 1.2055-92 area (50% level, September 8 high). Alternatively, a move below the chart inflection point at 1.1825 paves the way for a challenge of the November 21 low at 1.1713.
Short EUR/USD exposure from 1.2407 remains in play. Profit was booked on half of the initial trade when it hit its first objective and the rest is active, looking downside follow-through. Opportunities to scale up position will be evaluated as they present themselves.
EUR/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivak on Twitter