EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Euro Down Move Ready to Resume?
EUR/USD Technical Strategy: SHORT AT 1.2407
- Five-day Euro upswing seems to be corrective within a larger down move
- Shooting Star candle at former support, 4-hour reversal hint swing top set
- Reactivated EUR/USD short trade aims for support test below 1.24 mark
How will the ECB impact the EUR/USD chart setup? Join the webinar to follow the rate decision live!
The Euro has managed a five-day winning streak against the US Dollar but gains may prove to be corrective, giving way to downward resumption. Tellingly, prices put in a Shooting Star candle on a retest of former trend line support, hinting at indecision and warning that a reversal may be around the corner.
Zooming in to a four-hour chart (see below), a break of the near-term series of higher highs and lows seems to suggest that the upswing from March lows has lost momentum.Negative RSI divergence bolsters the case for the formation of a swing top and an on-coming downturn.
Last week’s order to short EUR/USD at 1.2277 was filled but the position was subsequently stopped out on a daily close above 1.2329.Bearing in mind the current setup, the trade has been re-established at 1.2407. It initially targets 1.2350 and carries a stop-loss to be activated on a daily close above 1.2445.
EUR/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivakon Twitter
To receive Ilya's analysis directly via email, please SIGN UP HERE
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.