AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Aussie Dollar Rally Fizzles Near 0.72
AUD/USD Technical Strategy: BEARISH
- Australian Dollar retreats from chart resistance above the 0.72 mark
- Sellers eyeing range floor near 0.7142 to confirm larger downswing
- Long-term downtrend resumption hinges on what happens near 0.70
Get help building confidence in your AUD/USD strategy with our free trading guide!
The Australian Dollar has pulled back from minor resistance at 0.7247 to retest support in the 0.7142-70 area. A break back below this barrier confirmed on a daily closing basis opens the door for a decline to retest of the 0.7021-41 region once again.
Zooming in to the four-hour chart, preliminary steps toward bearish reversal appear to have been made. A break below trend line support guiding the latest leg of the move higher form early January has been followed by a choppy but nevertheless unmistakable decline.
If this finds follow-through and support is breached in earnest, sellers may attempt tactical shorts into the broader range support above 0.70. It is this threshold’s breach that is needed to convincingly suppose the long-term, structural decline has resumed. A close above 0.7247 may naturalize immediate selling pressure.
AUD/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivak on Twitter
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.