Eurozone PMIs and Ifo Index Miss Expectations, Euro Shrugs
What's on this page
EUR price, Eurozone PMIs and Ifo Index:
- The Eurozone purchasing managers’ indexes and the German Ifo Index all came in below forecast levels in May but there was little response in the Euro.
- The results of the European Parliament elections Sunday are the next hurdle for Euro traders.
Eurozone PMIs, Ifo Index disappoint
The purchasing managers’ indexes for the Eurozone and the Ifo Index for Germany all came in lower than economists had predicted in May but there was little response in EURUSD or the Euro against other major currencies. The results in full are in the following table:
Source: DailyFX calendar
In response, EURUSD slipped lower but the response was muted as traders wait for the results of European Parliament elections due Sunday.
EURUSD Price Chart, Five-Minute Timeframe (May 23, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
You can read our preview of the European elections here
And in the video above you can listen to a recording of my live webinar before and after the data were released (it starts at 1’50”).
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor
Feel free to contact me via the comments section below, via email at email@example.com or on Twitter @MartinSEssex
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.