Market Sentiment Strongly Positive | Webinar
What's on this page
Market sentiment analysis:
- Optimism over trade, Brexit and economic growth are boosting the stock markets in particular.
- By contrast, money is moving out of safe havens, including government bonds.
Traders favor stocks over bonds
Trading sentiment is strongly positive, with money flowing from cash and safe havens such as sovereign bonds into assets seen generally as more risky, such as stock prices – which are advancing in most of the major centres.
Behind this confidence lie hopes of a lull in the trade disputes between the US on one side and China and the EU on the other, optimism that a Brexit deal between the UK and the EU will be reached and signs that a global downturn will be avoided.
S&P 500 Price Chart, Daily Timeframe (December 11, 2018 – November 12, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
In this webinar, I looked at the trends in the major currency, commodity and stock markets, at the forward-looking data on the economic calendar this week, at the IG Client Sentiment page on the DailyFX website, and at the IG Client Sentiment reports that accompany it. You might also like to check out the DailyFX Trading Global Markets Decoded podcasts.
Resources to help you trade the markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor
Feel free to contact me via the comments section below, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @MartinSEssex
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.