Weekly Technical Outlook: Top 2018 Trade Setups
- Review of current / active setups heading into the 2018 open
- Review the Foundations of Technical Analysis mini-series
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Trading Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
A complete multi-timeframe review of the FX Majors heading into the close of the year highlight some key technical levels in play this week. Despite the volatility fueled by last week’s FOMC policy meeting, the U.S. Dollar remains vulnerable heading into the yearly open with the DXY holding just below near-term resistance at ~94.20.
We also looked at a few Yen & Sterling crosses that are of particular interest heading into 2018. Keep in mind liquidity conditions will start to deteriorate heading into the holiday weekend- remember to stay nimble and be meticulous with your entries.
New to FX? Review this Free Beginners Guide to get started!
Weekly Strategy Webinars will resume on Monday January 8th – Thanks to everyone for making this webinar series the most highly attended DailyFX event this year! Best wishes for the Holidays and Happy New Year!
Join Michael for his bi-weekly Webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis on Fridays- Register for Free Here!
Key Data Releases
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Other Setups in Play:
- AUD/USD Bullish Reversal Eyes Initial Resistance Targets
- USD/JPY Searches for a Top Ahead of FOMC
- Weekly Technical Outlook: USD Trade Setups Heading into FOMC Forecast
See our 4Q Projections in our Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts.
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.