Strategy Webinar: Rate-Hike Drop Exposes U.S. Dollar Vulnerability
- Review of current / active setups in focus into the start of the week
- Updated targets & invalidation levels
- Looking for more trade ideas? Review DailyFX’s 2017Trading Guides. Join Michael for Live Weekly Trading Webinars on Mondays at 13:30GMT (8:30ET)
For the past few months, intraday positioning has been difficult early in the week – a good time to map out a game plan. Last week’s sell-off in the greenback remains central focus and heading into the start of the week the USD crosses continue to highlight the risk for a near-term rebound. The broader outlook does remain tilted to the downside however with our bearish invalidation marked at 101 for the DXY. It’s a light week for data with the UK Consumer Price Index (CPI) tomorrow and the RBNZ interest rate decision on Wednesday highlighting the economic docket.
In this webinar we examine the majors on the heels of last week’s dollar breakdown as well as a broader look at select commodity & equity markets. Updated technical setups and key levels discussed on DXY, EURUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, EURCAD, Crude Oil, Gold, Nikkei, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, EURAUD and DAX.
Key Data Releases
Other Setups in Play:
- EURUSD: Post-FOMC Rally at Initial Resistance
- DXY Poised For Yellen: Here’s the FOMC Game Plan
- NZD/USD: FOMC to Fuel Critical Range-Break
- EUR/CAD Pullback to be Viewed as Opportunity
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.