Yen Sees Rampant Volatility While Stocks Bounce Violently
- In this webinar we looked at the current state of global equities, taking a ‘big picture’ view on how we arrived at our current juncture. This article will discuss some of these concepts in more detail.
- The ‘hot button’ themes that we discussed were an extension of what was written in this morning’s Market Talk article. Please click here to access that article.
- We discussed the continued bearish state of equities, and the benefit of waiting for a more acceptable entry before chasing the trend lower. This article will discuss the concept of using old support levels as new potential resistance levels, in the effort of managing risk while trading in a fast-moving market.
- In this webinar, we focused on the Yen and how the Bank of Japan has found itself in a precarious spot. The Yen is getting massive safe-haven flows on the back of risk aversion; and we’ve seen massive volatility in Yen throughout the day. Negative rates do not appear to be warmly received by markets thus far.
- If you’re looking for trend ideas based on crowd positioning and market sentiment, our SSI indicator can be helpful. We offer it for free, it’s in real-time, and it’s available right here. If you’d like some background on SSI, this article will discuss that further.
- At DailyFX we discussed many of these themes well before they began to develop in such an intense manner. Many of us were looking at Long Yen and short stocks as our Top Trade Ideas for 2016. If you’d like to access those, please click here to obtain our trading guides.
--- Written by James Stanley, Analyst for DailyFX.com
To receive James Stanley’s analysis directly via email, please SIGN UP HERE
Contact and follow James on Twitter: @JStanleyFX
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.