NZD/USD Chart Analysis: Key Support Pressured as RBNZ Looms Ahead
NZD/USD Technical Strategy: BEARISH
- NZ Dollar testing key support near 0.66 as RBNZ rate decision nears
- Break lower exposes 0.65 figure, followed by October’s swing bottom
- Close above 0.6647 likely needed to neutralize near-term bearish cues
See our free trading guide to help build confidence in your NZD/USD trading strategy!
The New Zealand Dollar has pulled back to sit squarely atop familiar support in the 0.6591-0.6619 area after a tepid upswing against its US counterpart was rejected at trend line resistance. How prices will resolve themselves here is likely to follow on from the looming RBNZ monetary policy announcement.
A daily close below support sets the stage to challenge the 0.65 figure. That is followed by October’s swing bottom at 0.6425 shortly thereafter, with breach below this threshold suggesting that the longer-term term down trend established from April 2018 has been re-engaged.
Falling trend line resistance is now at 0.6647. A break above this barrier – likewise confirmed on a daily closing basis – would neutralize immediate selling pressure and put the spotlight on resistance in the 0.6699-0.6727 chart inflection region.
NZD/USD TRADING RESOURCES:
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the Comments section below or @IlyaSpivak on Twitter
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.