EUR/USD Technical Strategy: Flat
- Euro carving out bearish Triangle chart pattern above 1.13 figure
- Break lower to expose November low, heavy resistance below 1.15
- Waiting for daily close breakout confirmation for EUR/USD trade
Build confidence in your Euro trading strategy with our free guide!
The Euro looks to have carved out a Triangle consolidation pattern above the 1.13 figure against the US Dollar. The congestive setup is typically followed by continuation of the dominant trend preceding it, which carries bearish implications in this scenario.
From here, a daily close below Triangle floor support at 1.1321 broadly opens the door for a decline to test the November 12 swing bottom at 1.1216. Alternatively, a push above the pattern’s upper boundary at 1.1434 targets congestion area resistance in the 1.1456-81 zone.
While positioning suggests that the long term bearish EUR/USD trend may soon resume, confirmation is absent. Furthermore, the inherently narrowing Triangle structure makes for progressively diminishing risk/reward appeal. With that in mind, waiting for a confirmed breakout to take a trade seems prudent.
EUR/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivakon Twitter