EUR/USD Technical Strategy: NET SHORT AT 1.2276
- Euro continues to digest losses below 1.18 figure vs. US Dollar
- Triangle chart formation hints down trend resumption is ahead
- Breakdown confirmation sought to add to short EUR/USD trade
See our free guide to get help building confidence in your EUR/USD trading strategy!
The Euro continue to drift sideways below the 1.18 figure against the US Dollar but overall chart positioning suggests a downside bias is favored. Prices have carved out a Triangle chart pattern, a setup typically indicative of trend continuation. In the context of the preceding drop, that carries bearish implications.
From here, a daily close below support in the 1.1527-77 area would double as a break of the Triangle floor, signaling the next leg lower is at hand and exposing the next barrier in the 1.1268-1.1313 region. Alternatively, a turn above Triangle top resistance – now at 1.1766 – targets recent swing highs in the 1.1840-52 zone.
The EUR/USD short position triggered at 1.2407 and subsequently scaled up near 1.19 remains active. Confirmation of bearish resumption on a break of the Triangle will be sought to add to exposure further. In the meantime, opting for a wait-and-see approach seems most prudent.
EUR/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivakon Twitter