EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Ready for Down Trend Resumption?
EUR/USD Technical Strategy: SHORT AT 1.2407
- Euro capped at channel ceiling, menacing counter-trend line
- Break lower opens the door for a test of support below 1.22
- Bearish bias invalidation point established above 1.24 mark
See our free guide to learn how you can build confidence in your EUR/USD trading strategy!
The Euro is testing key near-term support against the US Dollar, with a break opening the door for resumption of a two-month down trend. Price action has been defined by a choppy falling channel since a double top was carved out below the 1.26 figure in late January to mid-February.
A daily close below trend line support guiding the latest upswing – now at 1.2288 – clears the way for another challenge of the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement at 1.2173. Alternatively, a push above range resistance at 1.2446 would also breach the channel top and expose the 1.2537-8 area (38.2% Fib retracement, double top).
The second half of a short EUR/USD trade triggered at 1.2407 remains in play after partial profit was booked at the position’s first objective, looking to take advantage of downward trend resumption. A stop-loss will be activated on a daily close above 1.2446. Scale-in opportunities will be evaluated as they appear.
EUR/USD TRADING RESOURCES
- Just getting started? See our beginners’ guide for FX traders
- Having trouble with your strategy? Here’s the #1 mistake that traders make
- Join a free Trading Q&A webinar and have your questions answered
--- Written by Ilya Spivak, Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
To contact Ilya, use the comments section below or @IlyaSpivakon Twitter
To receive Ilya's analysis directly via email, please SIGN UP HERE
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.