Momentum Scorecard: Euro Seen Lower versus USD, Higher versus AUD
Want to add the Moving Average Dashboard to your charts?
Download it free on FXCMApps.com.
TREND IN FOCUS: EURUSD (H1)
- The EURUSD score has shifted negative to -2.00, the most bearish score among the currencies monitored.
- The weekly EURUSD uptrend broke today, now at neutral, suggesting that momentum is shifting lower over the medium-term.
- A potential daily Hammer suggests that a rally may be around the corner; but ultimately, we are looking to sell intraday rallies.
- H1 Slow Stochastics (5,3,3) are bullish; but bearish divergence is forming as the indicator approaches overbought levels without reaching relative price levels (yesterday seen above 1.3060).
- The 8-/21-SMAs have guided price lower the past 24-hours; a close above 1.2975 would indicate a countertrend move towards 1.3000/20, which might offer a favorable selling point.
*Trend definitions: “uptrend” is defined as 8-MA>21-MA>55-MA; “downtrend” is defined as 8-MA<21-MA<55-MA; a “trendless” market occurs when continuity is absent.
*Scoring methodology: there are seven time frames, ascending from m15 (15-minutes) to W1 (one-week). In ascending order, each pair is assigned a value from -7 to +7 based on the trend apparent on the specified time frame (I.E. a m15 uptrend equals +1, whereas a H1 downtrend equals -3). If neither an uptrend nor downtrend is present, the trendless timeframe receives a score of 0. These points are totaled and the average is reported on the right. The strongest uptrend would achieve a score of +4.00, while the strongest downtrend would achieve a score of -4.00.
--- Written by Christopher Vecchio, Currency Analyst
To contact Christopher Vecchio, e-mail email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter at @CVecchioFX
To be added to Christopher’s e-mail distribution list, please fill out this form
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.