Momentum Scorecard: Canadian Dollar Shorts Favored Against EUR, GBP
Want to add the Moving Average Dashboard to your charts?
Download it free on FXCMApps.com.
TREND IN FOCUS: EURCAD (D1)
- EURCAD has a perfect momentum score of +4.00, indicating bullish full time frame continuity (all timeframes currently examined have a bullish 8-/21-/55-SMA structure).
- Price has posted a daily close above all three 8-, 21-, and 55-SMAs since May 21.
- Daily RSI hasn’t been under 58 since May 21, signaling a strong uptrend.
- The recent leg higher may be finished for a few days as daily Slow Stochastics (5,3,3) have compressed and are close to turning.
- 76.4% Fibonacci retracement at C$1.3849 (2011 high to 2012 low) upside target on dip buying; 8-SMA viewed as opportunity. No consecutive closes under 8-SMA since May 15 to 16.
*Trend definitions: “uptrend” is defined as 8-MA>21-MA>55-MA; “downtrend” is defined as 8-MA<21-MA<55-MA; a “trendless” market occurs when continuity is absent.
*Scoring methodology: there are seven time frames, ascending from m15 (15-minutes) to W1 (one-week). In ascending order, each pair is assigned a value from -7 to +7 based on the trend apparent on the specified time frame (I.E. a m15 uptrend equals +1, whereas a H1 downtrend equals -3). If neither an uptrend nor downtrend is present, the trendless timeframe receives a score of 0. These points are totaled and the average is reported on the right. The strongest uptrend would achieve a score of +4.00, while the strongest downtrend would achieve a score of -4.00.
--- Written by Christopher Vecchio, Currency Analyst
To contact Christopher Vecchio, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow him on Twitter at @CVecchioFX
To be added to Christopher’s e-mail distribution list, please fill out this form
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.