Brexit Briefing: SNP to Argue a Deal is Nowhere Near Being Done
GBP price, Brexit news and analysis:
- The Scottish National Party will launch its election manifesto Wednesday, claiming there is every chance the UK will leave the EU without a trade deal next year.
- GBP/USD continues to ease; EUR/GBP stable.
GBP/USD easier, Scottish Nationalists to launch election manifesto
The Scottish National Party, which won 35 seats in the Westminster parliament at the last UK General Election in 2017, is to launch its 2019 election manifesto Wednesday, claiming that a Brexit deal between the UK and the EU remains elusive.
SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon is expected to reject Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s claims that voting Conservative will “get Brexit done” by January 31 next year. “Brexit is nowhere near being done,” she will likely say.
“Unless Boris Johnson is stopped, this will just be the start. Brexit is nowhere near being done. The Tories have barely got going – they haven’t even started trade talks,” she is expected to argue. “Because of Johnson’s hard-line position, there is every chance the UK will leave without a trade deal next year.”
GBP/USD Price Chart, 15-Minute Timeframe (November 26-27, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
Sturgeon is expected to say there is still a chance of the UK leaving without a deal, and to add that would be a “nightmare for Scotland”. “The truth is Brexit will dominate Westminster politics for years and years to come.A vote for the SNP on December 12 is a vote to escape Brexit.”
We look at Sterling regularly in the DailyFX Trading Global Markets Decoded podcasts that you can find here on Apple or wherever you go for your podcasts
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.