Market sentiment analysis:
- Market sentiment remains constructive but prices are consolidating as traders decide whether to remain long of riskier assets such as stocks.
- That could mean some more buying of safe havens such as gold.
Trader sentiment less buoyant
Financial market trading sentiment remains positive but traders seem to be taking a breather before deciding whether to continue to increase their long positions in riskier assets such as stocks or opt for the relative safety of havens such as gold.
Dow Jones Industrial Average Price Chart, Daily Timeframe (December 17, 2018 – April 16, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
In this webinar, I discussed the charts of the major assets, looked at this week’s confidence figures and checked out the IG Client Sentiment data.
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor