Market sentiment, news and analysis:
- Stocks on Wall Street and in London are continuing to rise, suggesting that investor risk appetite remains high.
- Another indicator of sentiment, the AUDJPY cross rate, also remains firm.
- However, the price of gold – a traditional safe haven – is rising too, sounding a note of warning.
Risk sentiment positive
Market traders are continuing to buy into riskier assets such as New York and London stocks and the AUDJPY cross rate, suggesting that sentiment remains firm. However, the price of gold, which is traditionally seen as a safe haven, is also climbing – suggesting that some traders are reducing their risk profiles.
Gold Price Chart, 30-Minute Timeframe (April 4-9, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
In this webinar, I looked at the charts of some of the major currencies, commodities and stock markets, at the sentiment figures on the calendar this week and at the IG Client Sentiment data.
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor