EURUSD Price: Bounce off Technical Support Improves Outlook
EURUSD price, news and analysis:
- An abundance of negative factors for the US Dollar are reducing its safe-haven attraction.
- That could mean further gains against it by the Euro, particularly as the EURUSD chart suggests a positive technical outlook for the pair.
US Dollar outlook worsens
Among the factors hitting USD are:
- Criminal charges by the US against the Chinese telecoms company Huawei and its chief financial officer,
- Concern that the Huawei dispute will sour relations between the two countries ahead of US-China trade talks this week,
- An attempt by China to have the World Trade Organization block US tariffs on Chinese imports,
- Fears that a global economic slowdown will push US interest rate hikes further into the future,
- The cost of the partial US government shutdown that ended Friday, and
- A series of profit warnings by US companies.
These are all boosting EURUSD, which is bouncing off trendline support.
EURUSD Price Chart, Daily Timeframe (August 3, 2018 – January 29, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
As the chart above shows, EURUSD has now risen for four successive days and could climb further towards channel resistance around 1.1525 and even to further trendline resistance around 1.16. Meanwhile, the 20-day, 50-day and 100-day moving averages are all providing support just under the current price.
As for retail trader positioning data, recent changes in sentiment warn that the current EURUSD price trend may continue higher despite the fact that traders remain net-long.
More to read:
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Analyst and Editor
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.