Brexit news, GBP and FTSE prices and analysis:
- GBP and London stock prices are holding up well despite the rejection by the Westminster Parliament of UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit plan.
- In this roundtable webinar, DailyFX analysts Martin Essex, Nick Cawley and Justin McQueen discuss the outlook for GBP and the FTSE indexes after her overwhelming defeat.
GBP and FTSE shrug off Brexit defeat for UK government
The British Pound and London stock prices are holding their ground after the overwhelming rejection by the British Parliament of UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit plan and ahead of a vote of no-confidence in her government that she is likely to win.
GBPUSD Price Chart, Daily Timeframe (August 8, 2018 – January 16, 2019)
Chart by IG (You can click on it for a larger image)
In this roundtable webinar, UK-based DailyFX analysts Martin Essex, Nick Cawley and Justin McQueen discuss the outlook for GBPUSD and the Sterling crosses, the FTSE 100 index of leading London-listed stocks and the FTSE 250 index of mid-sized company shares.
More to read:
Resources to help you trade the forex markets:
Whether you are a new or an experienced trader, at DailyFX we have many resources to help you:
- Analytical and educational webinars hosted several times per day,
- Trading guides to help you improve your trading performance,
- A guide specifically for those who are new to forex,
- And you can learn how to trade like an expert by reading our guide to the Traits of Successful Traders.
--- Written by Martin Essex, Nick Cawley and Justin McQueen