GBP Plunges, Turkish Central Bank Signals Rate Hike - EU Market Update
Check out the brand new DailyFX trading forecasts for Q3
MARKET DEVELOPMENT – GBP SLIDES, TURKISH CENTRAL BANK SIGNALS RATE HIKE
GBP: The Pound is the underperformer among the G10 currencies today and is on course for its largest daily drop in a month. This has largely been due to reports that Barnier strongly opposes aspects to PM May’s Chequers plan, consequently increasing the uncertainty surrounding Brexit. Alongside this, UK manufacturing data fell to a 25-month low as new orders contracted for the first time since April 2016. GBPUSD back below 1.29 and testing the 1.2840-50 support zone.
TRY: Turkish inflation rose to its highest level since 2003 at 17.9%. In response to this, the Turkish Central Bank signalled that it would adjust monetary policy to ensure price stability, which has subsequently bolstered expectations that the Turkish Central Bank will provide a much-needed rate hike at the next meeting on September 13th in order to rein in surging inflation.
DailyFX Economic Calendar: Monday, September 3, 2018 – North American Releases
**US Markets Away for Labour
DailyFX Webinar Calendar: Monday, September 3, 2018
Five Things Traders are Reading
- “UK Week Ahead: Renewed Brexit Fears Weigh on Sterling | Webinar” by Nick Cawley, Market Analyst
- “Crude Oil Price Analysis: Uptrend in Danger Amid Key Resistance" by Justin McQueen, Market Analyst
- “GBPUSD Extends Losses on Brexit Uncertainty and Soft Manufacturing PMI” by Justin McQueen, Market Analyst
- “USDCHF Technical Analysis: Facing Near-Term Resistance” by Nick Cawley, Market Analyst
- “EURUSD Analysis: Short-Term Support Appears, Italy’s Knuckles Rapped”by Nick Cawley, Market Analyst
--- Written by Justin McQueen, Market Analyst
To contact Justin, email him at Justin.email@example.com
Follow Justin on Twitter @JMcQueenFX
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.