DailyFX US AM Digest: US Dollar Starts Off Last Full Week of Year Lower
Receive the DailyFX US AM Digest in your inbox every day before US equity markets open - signup here
The US Dollar has given back all of its gains from Friday versus the British Pound and the Euro, leaving the DXY Index lower at the start of the last full trading week of the year. After acute gains last week, the Australian and New Zealand Dollars are taking a bit of a breather, although both remain well-positioned in furthering their bottoming efforts versus the greenback. Otherwise, traders are still awaiting the final details of the reconciled US House and Senate tax plan that could make its way to President Trump’s desk before Washington, D.C. closes down for Christmas.
DailyFX Economic Calendar: Monday, December 18, 2017 – North American Releases
It’s an exceptionally quiet day in North American on both Monday and Tuesday, with no ‘high’ importance events on the calendar from Canada, Mexico, or the United States. This should not come as a surprise as it is the last full trading week of the year before liquidity drains around the days straddling Christmas and New Year’s. As such, the news wire remains the most potent source of risk for intraday price swings in FX markets in the coming sessions.
DailyFX Webinar Calendar: Monday, December 18, 2017
Five Things Traders are Reading
- “Futures Market Heralds a New Era of Trading for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies” by Christopher Vecchio, CFA, Senior Currency Strategist
- “FX Options Pricing in Holiday Trading; USD/CAD & NZD/USD in Focus” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
- “Bitcoin CME Futures Hit $20,000, Cardano Soars Into The Top Six” by Nick Cawley, Analyst
- “CoT: Analysis on Changes in Positioning for Gold, Oil, Euro & GBP” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
- “Sideways Trading Through End of 2017 Looks Likely for Euro” by Christopher Vecchio, CFA, Senior Currency Strategist
The DailyFX US AM Digest is published every day before the US cash equity open - you can SIGNUP HERE to receive this report in your inbox every day.
The DailyFX Asia AM Digest is published every day before the Tokyo cash equity open - you can SIGNUP HERE to receive that report in your inbox every day.
If you're interested in receiving both reports each day, you can SIGNUP HERE.
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.