DailyFX US AM Digest: US Dollar Gains at Start of Quieter Week
Receive the DailyFX US AM Digest in your inbox every day before US equity markets open - signup here
It’s the start of a quieter week for FX markets, with the US Dollar continuing its push higher against the Euro. The progress of tax reform legislation is perhaps the most significant driver the US Dollar in the coming days, during a week otherwise absent of meaningful economic data or significant commentary from Federal Reserve policymakers. The British Pound has stabilized a few days after the Bank of England rate decision as rates markets have finally settled on November 2018 as being the most likely period for the next 25-bps rate hike; prior to the BOE last week, markets were pricing in August 2018. Elsewhere, volatility expectations are creeping up for the Australian and New Zealand Dollars in the days ahead of the RBA and RBNZ rate decisions, while the lackluster calendar has lower implied vol for the British Pound, Euro, and Swiss Franc this week.
DailyFX Economic Calendar: Monday, November 6, 2017 – North American Releases
The North American economic docket is considerably light this week, and Monday is perhaps the perfect microcosm of what to expect for the next five days overall. There are a smattering of data releases, but they’re all rated ‘low,’ while the Fed speakers due up won’t likely be talking about near-term monetary policy decisions. As such, the news wire stands a much better chance of providing a catalyst for price action on Monday, particularly as investors await details on US President Trump’s tax reform efforts.
DailyFX Webinar Calendar: Monday, November 6, 2017
Five Things Traders are Reading
- “FX Markets Turn to Asia-Pacific Region for Top Drivers in Week Ahead” by Christopher Vecchio, CFA, Senior Currency Strategist
- “NZD/USD & GBP/USD Short-term Volatility Expectations Differ Significantly” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
- “European Economy Booming According to Sentix Index” by Martin Essex, MSTA, Analyst and Editor
- “COT: Oil Positioning Nears Record; CAD Traders Sell Most in 6 Months” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
- “Euro Will Look for Drivers Beyond the Economic Calendar This Week” by Christopher Vecchio, CFA, Senior Currency Strategist
The DailyFX US AM Digest is published every day before the US cash equity open - you can SIGNUP HERE to receive this report in your inbox every day.
The DailyFX Asia AM Digest is published every day before the Tokyo cash equity open - you can SIGNUP HERE to receive that report in your inbox every day.
If you're interested in receiving both reports each day, you can SIGNUP HERE.