US 4Q'14 GDP Slows but Beats Forecast, USD Off Lows
- EURUSD falls back from daily highs after German CPI, US GDP.
- AUDUSD treating daily 21-EMA as resistance again.
- See the DailyFX Economic Calendar for Friday, February 27, 2015.
The US Dollar is posting mild rebounds across its major counterparts this morning after the second 4Q'14 GDP release came in above consensus forecasts. Here's the data driving the greenback:
- USD GDP (4Q S) (Annualized): +2.2% versus +2.0% expected, from +2.6%.
- USD Personal Consumption: +4.2% versus +4.3% expected, unch (y/y).
See the above video for technical considerations in USDOLLAR, EURUSD, GBPUSD, and AUDUSD.
--- Written by Christopher Vecchio, Currency Strategist
To contact Christopher Vecchio, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow him on Twitter at @CVecchioFX
To be added to Christopher’s e-mail distribution list, please fill out this form
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.