To receive Michael’s analysis directly via email, please SIGN UP HERE
- Ethereum prices testing near-term support pivot- Outlook remains constructive above 350
- Check out our 4Q projections in our Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
ETH/USD Daily Chart
Technical Outlook: Ethereum prices reversed off confluent slope resistance late-last month with the pullback now testing support at the June high at 405. Note that this level converges on the median-line of the broader ascending pitchfork extending off the July lows- look for a reaction here. A break lower would risk a move on 385 with bullish invalidation now raised to 350/55 – both areas of interest for exhaustion / long entries.
A breach above the record high close at 469 puts the focus back on topside targets at 499 and the 161.8% extension at 517- a breach above this threshold would likely fuel accelerated gains for Ethereum prices with such a scenario targeting a longer-term measured move into 622.
New to Forex? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
ETH/USD 240min Chart
Notes: A closer look at price action highlights a near-term descending median-line formation extending off the record highs with price turning just ahead of the upper parallel today. Bottom line: the immediate focus is on a break of the 402-469 region and while the risk is for further weakness near-term, ultimately we’ll favor fading weakness while above 350 with a topside breach of this formation needed to shift the focus back to the topside.
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Other Setups in Play
- GBP/USD Responds to Confluent Support – Outlook Constructive Above 1.3226
- AUD/JPY Recovery Stalls at Resistance- Monthly Opening Range in Focus
- NZD/JPY Challenges Resistance into December Open- Watch this Level
- Weekly Technical Outlook: Top December Setups on USD, EUR Crosses
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org