NZD/JPY Range Break Targets Fresh Monthly Lows
To receive Michael’s analysis directly via email, please SIGN UP HERE
- NZD/JPY breaks monthly-open support- Focus is lower sub 78.80
- Check out our 4Q projections in our Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
Technical Outlook: NZD/JPY broke below monthly open support and the November opening-range lows yesterday with the decline now testing near-term support at 77.35/39 a region is defined by the 78.6% retracement of the April advance and the October swing lows. The pair is vulnerable for a near-term rebound here but the focus remains lower while within this broad descending pitchfork formation extending off the July high. Interim resistance stands 78.21 with a break lower targeting subsequent support objectives at 77.03, parallel support (red) around ~76.50s and the 61.78% retracement at 76.01.
NZD/JPY 240min Chart
Notes: A closer look at price action further highlights this near-term confluence – note that momentum remains in oversold territory. Interim resistance stands at 78.21 with a bullish invalidation at the weekly opening-range high / 61.8% retracement at 78.79. Bottom line: I’ll favor fading strength while within this formation with a break lower targeting support objectives towards the median-line.
Join Michael on Friday for his bi-weekly Live Webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis- Register for Free Here!
Relevant Data Releases
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Other Setups in Play
- GBP/USD Consolidation Breakout Imminent
- U.S. Dollar Sell-off Targets Initial Support
- Ethereum Price Breakout Underway
- EUR/USD Responds to Initial Support- Recovery to Offer Opportunity
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or contact him at email@example.com
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.