AUD/USD Testing Resistance Ahead of Jobs Report- Key Support 7522
- AUDUSD immediate long-bias at risk into Aussie Employment
- Updated targets & invalidation levels
Chart Created Using TradingView
Technical Outlook: Aussie has continued to trade within the confines of a well-defined ascending channel formation with the advance reversing off confluence resistance yesterday. Heading into tonight’s Australian employment report, the long-bias is at risk while below 7644/58 where the 100% extension of the advance off the yearly lows converges on channel resistance & the weekly high. Interim support rests at 7571 backed by the 7/4 high at 7545 & 7522- both areas of interest for possible short-side exhaustion / long-entries.
The outlook remains constructive while within this formation with a breach of the highs targeting subsequent topside resistance objectives 7687 and the 2016 high-day close at 7735. Continue tracking this setup and more throughout the week- Subscribe to SB Trade Deskand take advantage of the DailyFX New Subscriber Discount.
Avoid the pitfalls of near-term trading strategies by steering clear of classic mistakes. Review these principles in the "Traits of SuccessfulTraders” series.
- A summary of the DailyFX Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI)shows traders are net short AUDUSD- the ratio stands at -1.25(44% of traders are long)-weakbullishreading
- Yesterday the ratio was -1.42. Short positions are 7.9% lower than yesterday but 18.5% above levels seen last week.
- Open interest is 2.7% lower than yesterday and 8.5% above its monthly average.
- Although the ratio keeps the focus higher in the pair, note that a slight pullback in long-positioning suggests that the pair may be vulnerable for a near-term set-back heading into the release. Bottom line: the pair remains constructive while above the weekly opening range low (7522) & a pullback may offer more favorable long-entries.
Help fine-tune you entries, click here to learn more about the DailyFX Grid Sight Index (GSI)
Relevant Data Releases This Week
Other Setups in Play:
- USD/CAD On the Defensive Ahead of BoC
- NZD/JPY Approaching Brexit High- Constructive Above 74.27
- Webinar: USD Crosses in Focus as Rally Eyes Key Resistance Targets
- USD/CAD Risks Near-term Breakout on NFPs / Canada Employment
Looking for more trade ideas? Review DailyFX’s Top Trading Opportunity of 2016
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Join Michael for Live Scalping Webinars on Mondays on DailyFX and Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday’s on SB Trade Desk at 12:30 GMT (8:30ET)
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.