EURGBP Reverses Off Critical Resistance- Shorts Favored Sub 7386
- EURGBP responds to major resistance- short scalps favored
- Updated targets & invalidation levels
- Event Risk on Tap This Week
Chart Created Using FXCM Marketscope 2.0
- EURGBP reverses off multi-year trendline resistance- medium-term focus is lower
- Support objectives at 7334/44 backed by a key confluence at 7277- broader bullish invalidation
- Resistance & near-term bearish invalidation at 7386
- Breach above 7420 needed to shift long bias back in focus
- Daily RSI holding sub 60 / pending support trigger break – bearish
- Event Risk Ahead: Eurozone Final CPI tomorrow and ECB & UK Retail Sales Next week
Notes: EURGBP responded to key long-term resistance this week with a break below the weekly opening range today shifting the focus back to the short-side. The pair continues to trade within the confines of a newly formed descending median-line formation with interim support targets seen at 7344 backed by a key support confluence into the lower median-line parallel at 7308.
Bottom line: looking to sell rallies while below key near-term resistance at the confluence of the October open, the June high and the May high/reversal-day close at 7386. A breach above 7420 would be needed to put the broader long-bias back in play.
A quarter of the daily average true range (ATR) yields profit targets of 17-20 pips per scalp (keep in mind these are sterling pips). Caution is warranted heading into the close of the week with key ECB & UK retail sales data next week likely to fuel added volatility in euro & sterling crosses.
For updates on this scalp and more setups throughout the week subscribe to SB Trade Desk
Relevant Data Releases Next Week
Other Setups in Play:
- EURUSD Long Scalps Eye Key Resistance - Breakout Targets 1.18
- EURAUD Recovery Scalp- Rally to Offer Favorable Shorts
- Webinar: USD Weakness Targets Key Support- Comm Bloc Overstretched?
- GBPUSD Rebound Testing First Resistance Barrier Ahead of BoE
- Webinar: Scalping Aussie Crosses post NFP - RBA, BOE, BoJ on Tap
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Struggling with your strategy? Here’s the number one mistake to avoid
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.