USDCAD Scalps Face 1.25 Key Resistance Ahead of BoC, GDP
- USDCAD rally approaching key near-term resistance
- 1.25 in Focus heading into BoC / GDP
- Event Risk on Tap This Week
Chart Created Using FXCM Marketscope 2.0
- USDCAD rally targets key resistance confluence region at 1.2484 -1.2503
- Breach targets resistance objectives at 1.2559 (2015 HDC) / the MLP
- Interim support 1.2376 backed by the April ML / 1.2268- bullish invalidation
- Daily momentum targeting 60-threshold – Breach would keep topside bias in play
- Event Risk Ahead: Bank of Canada Interest Rate Decision tomorrow and U.S. & Canada 1Q GDP on Friday
Notes:The USDCAD is eyeing down key near-term resistance into the 1.25-handle ahead of the BoC tomorrow with the long-side at risk for a pullback below this threshold (bearish invalidation). Interim support rests at 1.2375 backed by the lower MLP (dashed) & the median-line off the April low (bullish invalidation ~1.2321).
Bottom line: we’ll be looking for short-triggers heading up into resistance for a possible pullback into median-line support. A breach above the 1.25-figure keeps the long-bias in play targeting topside objectives at the 2015 high-day close at 1.2559 backed by 1.26374 and 1.2710. A quarter of the daily ATR yields profit targets of 25-28 pips per scalp. Caution is warranted heading into Friday’s event risk with the release of both the U.S. & Canadian GDP figures likely to fuel added volatility on the loonie & dollar crosses.
* It’s extremely important to give added consideration regarding the timing of intra-day scalps with the opening ranges on a session & hourly basis offering further clarity on intra-day biases.
For updates on this scalp and more setups throughout the week subscribe to SB Trade Desk
Relevant Data Releases
Other Setups in Play:
- GBPUSD Longs Favored Above 1.5540- Scalps Target May Highs
- EURCAD Pullback Stalls at Support- Sub 1.3538 to Negate Bullish Bias
- Scalp Webinar: USD At Risk For Bearish Invalidation- 11,737 In Focus
- NZDJPY Rebound Testing Resistance- Scalps Target 89.50 Inflection Zone
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michaelon Twitter @MBForex,contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or Click Here to be added to his email distribution list
Join Michael for Live Scalping Webinars on Mondays on DailyFX at 12:30 GMT (8:30ET)
Interested in learning about Fibonacci? Watch this Video
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.