GBPAUD Reversal at Interim Support- Scalps Target 1.9500
- GBPAUD at support ahead of BoE, March opening range
- Break sub-1.95 needed to keep short-bias in play
- Key Event Risk on Tap
Chart Created Using FXCM Marketscope 2.0
- GBPAUD correction now testing initial support at 1.95 (bullish invalidation)
- Support break targets median line ~9350 & key support at 1.9185-1.9224
- Resistance at 1.9820 backed by 1.9887 (bearish invalidation)
- Breach targets longer-term resistance objectives at 2.0027 & 2.0230
- Daily RSI coming into 50-support, break would reinforce current short-bias
- Pending resistance trigger- breach targets near-term topside recovery
- Event Risk Ahead: Australian Retail Sales & Trade Balance data tonight and Bank of England Interest Rate Decision tomorrow
Notes:The correction off the February highs has now completed a 100% extension with the break of the weekly opening range lows taking the pair into near-term support at the 1.95-handle. A break below this level is needed to maintain our bearish bias with such a scenario targeting 1.9423 & more significant support at 1.9327/63. Interim resistance stands with the median-line off the highs (blue-dashed) with the short-bias now at risk near-term above this support barrier.
Immediate focus is on this support zone with intra-day divergence into the lows here and a pending resistance trigger-break warning of a possible recovery. A break of the US range highs targets 1.9630 & 1.9719 with a breach above the upper median-line parallel needed to shift the medium-term focus back to the topside (possible short entries?). Note that this is a long-range setup with a quarter of the daily ATR yielding profit targets of 49-53 pips per scalp. Caution is warranted heading into the Aussie data tonight with AUDUSD remaining vulnerable sub-7850 near-term. A similar setup is being tracked on GBPNZD which has already compromised a key support barrier.
* It’s extremely important to give added consideration regarding the timing of intra-day scalps with the opening ranges on a session & hourly basis offering further clarity on intra-day biases.
Relevant Data Releases
Other Setups in Play:
- Scalps Target USDCAD Breakout Heading Into BoC, NFPs
- Webinar: Key Scalps in Focus Ahead of RBA, ECB, NFPs
- USD/JPY Scalp Targets 119.64 Resistance Ahead of GDP
- Scalping AUD/USD Opening Range Break- 7850 Support
- EURUSD Technicals Back in Focus- February Opening Range Setup
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
For updates on this scalp and more setups follow him on Twitter @MBForex
To contact Michael email email@example.com or Click Here to be added to his email distribution list
Join Michael for Live Scalping Webinars on Mondays on DailyFX at 13:30 GMT (8:30ET)
Interested in learning about Fibonacci? Watch this Video
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.