Foundations of Technical Analysis: A Step-by-Step Trade Walk-through
- Foundation of Technical Analysis: Building a Trading Strategy- complete series and webinar archives
- See these tools & methodology used in practice, Join Michael for his Weekly Strategy Webinar on Monday mornings.
- New to Forex? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
In this episode of our bi-weekly webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis we discuss the intricacies of intraday trading with a slow-motion step-by-step walkthrough our most recent setups on USD/CAD and EUR/USD. It’s all about the levels and once you’ve identified where you want to operate, the attention turns completely towards what is happening in near-term price action.
- Assessing where price is with respect to trend using multi-timeframe analysis
- Identifying confluence regions of technical significance
- A close look at near-term price action – how to identify proper entries / trade execution
- Fading out of positions- adjusting stops / trade size as price moves through your targets.
- Review of actual trade setups across the majors
- Trading Q&A Session
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
A review of our latest setups that highlight live examples of how we utilize our technical approach to translate an idea, into an actionable trade.
- Gold Price Technical Outlook: XAU/USD to Threaten Deeper Correction
- Canadian Dollar Price Outlook: USD/CAD Testing Key Trend Support
- EUR/USD Price Outlook: Euro Fails at 1.15 - Levels to Know for NFP
- Crude Oil Technical Price Outlook: WTI Pullback Testing Pivot Support
Join us for the next Foundations of Technical Analysis Q&A webinar on Friday February 22th at 10am EDT- Register Now!
Recent Foundations of Technical Analysis Episodes
- Separating Observations from Noise
- Identifying Embedded Trends
- Trading Psychology
- Seeing the Forest from the Trees
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 2
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 1
- Sticking to the Strategy
- Examining Near-term Price Action
Want more information on technical analysis and trading strategies? Check out our Free DailyFX Trading Guides!
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.