Foundations of Technical Analysis: Separating Observations from Noise
- Foundation of Technical Analysis: Building a Trading Strategy- complete series and webinar archives
- See these tools & methodology used in practice, Join Michael for his Weekly Strategy Webinar on Monday mornings.
- New to Forex? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
In this episode of our bi-weekly webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis we discuss how to see through the fog of news headlines & talking heads to focus on the story price is telling. We used the British Pound as an example to illustrate that despite the litany of dire headlines, price action has been relatively clear with Sterling topping the performance charts against the US Dollar year to date (+3.25%). The point is, as a trader, our focus is on the opportunities ‘price action’ has to offer and we must remain discipline to what we see, not what we hear.
- Weekly Charts – a roadmap to our broader outlook / bias on a given asset
- Identifying confluence regions of technical significance
- Separating ‘investment’ news / headlines from trade-oriented developments in price
- Identifying / defining ‘breaks’ of support / resistance on various timeframes
- Review of basic trendline / pitchforks
- Review of actual trade setups across the majors
- Trading Q&A Session
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
- Near-term Trade Setups in EUR/USD and GBP/USD
- Gold Price Technical Outlook: XAU Pullback to Threaten 2019 Range Low
- GBP/USD Price Outlook: Pound Testing Key Resistance Amid Brexit Talks
- EUR/USD Technical Price Outlook: Euro Testing Lower Bounds of Support
Join us for the next Foundations of Technical Analysis Q&A webinar on Friday February 8th at 10am EDT- Register Now!
Recent Foundations of Technical Analysis Episodes
- Identifying Embedded Trends
- Trading Psychology
- Seeing the Forest from the Trees
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 2
- Constructing a Trade Setup Part 1
- Sticking to the Strategy
- Examining Near-term Price Action
Send requests on topics for upcoming Foundations of Technical Analysis webinars to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more information on technical analysis and trading strategies? Check out our Free DailyFX Trading Guides!
- Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.