Foundations of Technical Analysis: Trading the Volatility
What's on this page
See these tools & methodology used in practice, Join Michael for his Weekly Strategy Webinar on Monday mornings.
Foundation of Technical Analysis Series- Click here for the complete series and webinar archives
Staying Nimble in Volatile Markets
In this episode of our bi-weekly webinar on the Foundations of Technical Analysis, we reviewed price action in the midst of a surge in volatility. Keeping the big picture technical outlook in focus is the only true filter you need and while the sheer speed of the decline has been remarkable, price continues to hold within the broader trends we’ve been tracking.
Topics discussed include:
- Key levels on the broader technical outlook for the USD Majors
- Multi-timeframe analysis- breaking down price action from trend into operative near-term setups
- Anatomy of a turn- examining price action on recent key reversals
- Examining Momentum (RSI) – basics and helpful insights on how to effectively use momentum
- Identifying slope / pitchforks
- Q&A Session
USD Crosses In Focus
- USD/CAD Price Rally at Risk Ahead of Canada Employment
- GBP/USD Bears to Face BoE- Levels to Know for Super Thursday
- EUR/USD Down but Not Out as Prices Approach Bullish Trend Support
Join us for the next Foundations of Technical Analysis Q&A webinar where we’ll take the entire session to answer your questions on trading. Click here to register free!
Why does the average trader lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Want more information on technical analysis and trading strategies? Check out our Free DailyFX Trading Guides!
---Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michaelon Twitter @MBForex contact him at email@example.com or Click Here to be added to his email distribution list.
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.