Trade FOREX with FXCM

  • Award-Winning Platform
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Trade Directly on Charts
  • Free $50K Practice Account
Register


Results 17,836 to 17,850 of 45066
Page 1190 of 3005 FirstFirst ... 190 690 1090 1140 1180 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1200 1240 1290 1690 2190 ... LastLast

Thread: EURUSD H1 2013

  1. #17836
    melbgirl's Avatar
    melbgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    [QUOTE=melbgirl; .........a long bias on EUR/USD but I'm not giving exact levels, only a bias. Right now it looks like the sub 1.2700 stops are more attractive to stop hunters than the ones above 1.2740, so we might get to more solid support first. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

    Well, after those stops were triggered, we had our little upside and I got out of longs (and USD/CHF shorts) on the FOMC induced pop.

    An hourly close under 1.2717 puts 1.2595 in view. It needs to catch up with the fall in US stocks. More interesting is the AUD and other commodity plays that are starting to wobble. I especially like short AUD/CAD for a LT target of 0.9770.

    Good luck....
    People prefer certainty over truth.
    https://twitter.com/1hourworkweek

  2. #17837
    Luxuriant's Avatar
    Luxuriant is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,307
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by melbgirl View Post
    Well, after those stops were triggered, we had our little upside and I got out of longs (and USD/CHF shorts) on the FOMC induced pop.

    An hourly close under 1.2717 puts 1.2595 in view. It needs to catch up with the fall in US stocks. More interesting is the AUD and other commodity plays that are starting to wobble. I especially like short AUD/CAD for a LT target of 0.9770.

    Good luck....
    I like AUD/NZD , and AUD/JPY also. I am short both, and look for them to join the AUD/CAD, AUD/USD short party.
    Price waves which combine to produce the price movement do so by a process of simple addition.


  3. #17838
    melbgirl's Avatar
    melbgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxuriant View Post
    I like AUD/NZD , and AUD/JPY also. I am short both, and look for them to join the AUD/CAD, AUD/USD short party.
    I wanted to wait with AUD/JPY as it's a Gotobi day (15th of the month) and because USD/JPY is going wild.
    People prefer certainty over truth.
    https://twitter.com/1hourworkweek

  4. #17839
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by scalping fool View Post
    I have small short EU from 2740, very tight s/l, targeting 2725/2700 depending on PA
    EU short stopped out for +10 pips @ 2730

  5. #17840
    Luxuriant's Avatar
    Luxuriant is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,307
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by melbgirl View Post
    I wanted to wait with AUD/JPY as it's a Gotobi day (15th of the month) and because USD/JPY is going wild.
    Thanking you for the warning. But I was lucky and shorted near the top on both pairs. I just did not understand the rally in Yen pairs, even though I was long EUR/JPY. (Just a correction) The sell off in US markets seems slow and methodical. VIX seems slow also in its rise. To me this is scary. Even after the PRES speech the market continued to sell off. The decline in the S&P broke another trend line. The reason I think this is scary it could lead to a panic sell off. Slow moving VIX means traders are not concerned. Although I see strong support at 1280-1290 on the S&P 500.

    SPX DAILY Another TL broken. EURO will probably join it soon.



    SPX weekly NEXT Strong Support 1280-- 1290 If that breaks down. EURO may be headed to 1.24 and below.
    EDIT: The bottom line slanted towards 1250 is Monthly support

    Last edited by Luxuriant; 11-14-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Price waves which combine to produce the price movement do so by a process of simple addition.


  6. #17841
    melbgirl's Avatar
    melbgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxuriant View Post
    Thanking you for the warning. But I was lucky and shorted near the top on both pairs. I just did not understand the rally in Yen pairs, even though I was long EUR/JPY. (Just a correction) The sell off in US markets seems slow and methodical. VIX seems slow also in its rise. To me this is scary. Even after the PRES speech the market continued to sell off. The decline in the S&P broke another trend line. The reason I think this is scary it could lead to a panic sell off. Slow moving VIX means traders are not concerned. Although I see strong support at 1280-1290 on the S&P 500.

    SPX DAILY Another TL broken. EURO will probably join it soon.



    SPX weekly NEXT Strong Support 1280-- 1290 If that breaks down. EURO may be headed to 1.24 and below.
    EDIT: The bottom line slanted towards 1250 is Monthly support

    Thanks for all the information. I know precious little about how to use VIX. But S&P500 breaking and closing under the 50% Fibo is bearish. I will wait for a bounce in EU and short perhaps if it gets to 1.2750 or so and with short AJ until USD/JPY pops the stops above 80.30 as I think there is a fair chance it will as it's on a roll.
    People prefer certainty over truth.
    https://twitter.com/1hourworkweek

  7. #17842
    Luxuriant's Avatar
    Luxuriant is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,307
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by melbgirl View Post
    Thanks for all the information. I know precious little about how to use VIX. But S&P500 breaking and closing under the 50% Fibo is bearish. I will wait for a bounce in EU and short perhaps if it gets to 1.2750 or so and with short AJ until USD/JPY pops the stops above 80.30 as I think there is a fair chance it will as it's on a roll.
    Dont feel bad about the VIX. I just learned something from you. I had to google Gotobi day. So that helps explain the rally in YEN pairs today. They also like multiples of 5. 15 20 25. So we may see a bounce on the 20th in yen pairs. Maybe?
    Price waves which combine to produce the price movement do so by a process of simple addition.


  8. #17843
    pc not's Avatar
    pc not is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxuriant View Post
    Thanking you for the warning. But I was lucky and shorted near the top on both pairs. I just did not understand the rally in Yen pairs, even though I was long EUR/JPY. (Just a correction) The sell off in US markets seems slow and methodical. VIX seems slow also in its rise. To me this is scary. Even after the PRES speech the market continued to sell off. The decline in the S&P broke another trend line. The reason I think this is scary it could lead to a panic sell off. Slow moving VIX means traders are not concerned. Although I see strong support at 1280-1290 on the S&P 500.

    SPX DAILY Another TL broken. EURO will probably join it soon.



    SPX weekly NEXT Strong Support 1280-- 1290 If that breaks down. EURO may be headed to 1.24 and below.
    EDIT: The bottom line slanted towards 1250 is Monthly support

    As I wrote straight after his speech his "Tax the Rich" policy's will drive the working capital out off America for at lest 4 more year's and his policys could spark another black monday event.

    It isnt that fast yet but it is looking quiet scarry.

    ???

    Is this all a game to justify QE 4/5 in 2013 (and get it set in stone) along with long term zero interest policy, which is already being talked about by dove member's due to be rotated out of the FOMC in 2013.
    3 stages of Truth, 1 ridicule. 2 violent opposition. 3 acceptance as being self-evident.

  9. #17844
    pipsguesser is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    A buy call from me for EUR/USD for the European session @1.2735 ,target 1.2772 just below the R1 level .
    Last edited by pipsguesser; 11-14-2012 at 10:36 PM.

  10. #17845
    melbgirl's Avatar
    melbgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxuriant View Post
    Dont feel bad about the VIX. I just learned something from you. I had to google Gotobi day. So that helps explain the rally in YEN pairs today. They also like multiples of 5. 15 20 25. So we may see a bounce on the 20th in yen pairs. Maybe?
    It would be great if it was that simple, but I guess whenever you trade yen, it might be worth checking out what the date is. I think that can improve your success rate.
    People prefer certainty over truth.
    https://twitter.com/1hourworkweek

  11. #17846
    Hoo's Avatar
    Hoo
    Hoo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Is a doji pattern formed on daily chart?
    Never rush, missed the bulls, wait for the bears, plenty of opportunities out there

  12. #17847
    melbgirl's Avatar
    melbgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by melbgirl View Post
    ...... I will wait for a bounce in EU and short perhaps if it gets to 1.2750 or so and with short AJ until USD/JPY pops the stops above 80.30 as I think there is a fair chance it will as it's on a roll.
    LOL.....you have to watch this beast now.....
    People prefer certainty over truth.
    https://twitter.com/1hourworkweek

  13. #17848
    pipsguesser is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by pipsguesser View Post
    A buy call from me for EUR/USD for the European session @1.2735 ,target 1.2772 just below the R1 level .
    Took Profit @1.2750 as the hourly chart pattern looks somewhat bearish .

  14. #17849
    FXTA's Avatar
    FXTA is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,653
    The bull is still making progress. Below is my chart from 3 days ago and im expecting the same. A move up to 1.2870-80 area and then a hard short from there.
    รูป รูป  
    “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.”

  15. #17850
    Hoo's Avatar
    Hoo
    Hoo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    EU is poised to test 2790/2800 area, GDP data may give excuse to a temporary correction. Just my 2 cents
    Never rush, missed the bulls, wait for the bears, plenty of opportunities out there

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. Forex Capital Markets LLC. will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.