Expectations of QE3 and for a surge in risky assets have grown to extraordinary levels in the lead up to the Fed's rate decision. Stocks, high yield currencies and the euro have all benefited from the rosy outlook, while the dollar has suffered the brunt of pain. Yet, with assumptions so dramatically skewed, the outcome for event becomes more complicated. In this video, we discuss why this is such an important event; market conditions ahead of the release; the different outcomes for the Fed; and what pairs and markets are best positioned for different reactions.
EURUSD, USDJPY and Gold Top Trade Setups for Fed DecisionBy John Kicklighter, Chief Currency Strategist
- Apr, 24 03:00 GMT Trading Video: Different Breakout Pressure for EURUSD, NZDUSD and GBPUSD
- Apr, 24 00:34 GMT Strategy Video: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY - Path of Least Resistance
- Apr, 23 19:52 GMT DailyFX Technical Focus: 4/23/2014
- Apr, 22 20:27 GMT DailyFX Technical Focus: 4/22/2014
- Apr, 22 01:23 GMT Trading Video: Preparing for the Return of Liquidity
- Sep, 12 04:01 GMT EURUSD Hits Four Month High, Volatility Will Increase with ESM Vote
- Sep, 11 01:50 GMT USDJPY Range Better Option than EURUSD Swing in Fed Lead Up?
- Sep, 08 01:54 GMT A EURUSD Rally to 1.3000 a Tall Task for the Fed
- Sep, 07 01:35 GMT ECB Forces EURJPY 99.00 Breakout, Can NFPs Drive EURUSD Through 1.2650
- Sep, 06 01:23 GMT Weighing EURJPY and EURUSD Breakouts on ECB Decision