Expectations of QE3 and for a surge in risky assets have grown to extraordinary levels in the lead up to the Fed's rate decision. Stocks, high yield currencies and the euro have all benefited from the rosy outlook, while the dollar has suffered the brunt of pain. Yet, with assumptions so dramatically skewed, the outcome for event becomes more complicated. In this video, we discuss why this is such an important event; market conditions ahead of the release; the different outcomes for the Fed; and what pairs and markets are best positioned for different reactions.
EURUSD, USDJPY and Gold Top Trade Setups for Fed Decision
- Oct, 30 19:34 GMTDailyFX Technical Focus: 10/30/2014
- Oct, 29 21:06 GMTNew Zealand Dollar Falls as RBNZ Talks Down Rates Outlook
- Oct, 29 01:26 GMTVideo: EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY Trade Potential on FOMC
- Oct, 28 23:52 GMTVideo: What to Expect and How to Trade the FOMC Decision
- Oct, 28 17:39 GMTDailyFX Technical Focus: 10/28/2014
- Sep, 12 04:01 GMTEURUSD Hits Four Month High, Volatility Will Increase with ESM Vote
- Sep, 11 01:50 GMTUSDJPY Range Better Option than EURUSD Swing in Fed Lead Up?
- Sep, 08 01:54 GMTA EURUSD Rally to 1.3000 a Tall Task for the Fed
- Sep, 07 01:35 GMTECB Forces EURJPY 99.00 Breakout, Can NFPs Drive EURUSD Through 1.2650
- Sep, 06 01:23 GMTWeighing EURJPY and EURUSD Breakouts on ECB Decision