Congestion for EURUSD, AUDUSD, gold and countless other speculative favorites look primed for meaningful breakouts. The missing ingredient is speculative participation. To feed a breakout (much less a meaningful trend) on underlying risk trends, we need enough market depth to carry prices further away from the comfortable equilibrium that the markets have recently found. Exuberance and fear can erupt at a moments notice and there is plenty of fundamental fuel to power a substantial move. In today's video we look at the increasingly tense position the markets find themselves in and some potential short-term catalysts for a brief volatility shock for certain currencies and pairs.
EURUSD, Equities and Gold Ready to Run When Speculators ReturnBy John Kicklighter, Chief Currency Strategist
- May, 24 02:46 GMT Forex: EUR/USD Refuses to Break 1.2750 as QE3 Taper Fears Cool
- May, 23 18:00 GMT Guest Commentary: Sell EUR/JPY on Bounce Against the Highs
- May, 23 17:15 GMT Guest Commentary: The Cable Match fires even more Pips on the Downside!
- May, 23 13:56 GMT Scalping with Michael Boutros on DailyFX Plus 5/23
- May, 23 02:21 GMT Forex: Did Bernanke Light the Fuse for a S&P 500 Reversal, Dollar Surge?
- Aug, 08 03:18 GMT AUDUSD Advance Requires Ideal Conditions, Reversal a Constant Threat
- Aug, 07 01:56 GMT EURUSD: Should We Position for a Breakout Or Range?
- Aug, 06 19:45 GMT Fundamental Market Forecast - 08.06.2012
- Aug, 04 03:45 GMT Dollar on the Verge of a Major Bearish Break But Would it Trend?
- Aug, 03 01:05 GMT Euro Drops and Dollar Rallies after ECB Hold, Not Yet a Trend