EURUSD took the extraordinary step of closing below the midpoint of its historic range Monday. And perhaps more important to ensuring conviction, this transition was made under a slew of disturbing fundamental headlines and alongside risk trends. In fact, comparing the size of the moves, the more traditional risk measures (Aussie dollar, US equities, etc) posted larger overall declines than the Euro itself. Yet, where EURUSD marked a critical technical break; AUDUSD and the Dow Jones Industrial Average both held meaningful technical support. Was this a move that simply traded back into range or is it a definitive change in risk? We will find out soon.
AUDUSD and Dow Channel Could Ward Off EURUSD Collapse...TemporarilyBy John Kicklighter, Chief Currency Strategist
- May, 21 03:06 GMT USD/JPY Wavers but Will it Turn on Policy Shift?
- May, 20 17:31 GMT QE3 Speculation Holds Dollar’s, S&P 500’s, Risk Trend’s Future
- May, 20 16:30 GMT Video: Trading the US Dollar Breakout
- May, 20 14:19 GMT Scalping with Michael Boutros on DailyFX 5/20
- May, 18 04:31 GMT Forex: Dollar Traders Monitor The Greed-Fear Equilibrium and QE3 Speculation
- Jul, 23 19:56 GMT Fundamental Market Forecast - 07.23.2012
- Jul, 21 01:35 GMT EURUSD on the Verge of a Massive Bearish Break, Will it Find a Push?
- Jul, 20 02:39 GMT Why AUDUSD Leads and EURUSD Refuses to Participate
- Jul, 19 02:28 GMT Risk Continues its Run and the Dollar Its Dive, Reversal Threat High
- Jul, 17 23:25 GMT Sharp Intraday Reversal in Dollar and S&P 500 Reflect Stimulus Hope