The markets most risk-sensitive assets extended their run higher Thursday - leading AUDUSD to its strongest advance since its November surge. Going on this pair's performance, it would seem that 'risk appetite' is climbing at full tilt. Yet, if sentiment were so strong, why isn't the arguably-oversold EURUSD not generating the same level of conviction and progress? In today's video, we look at the various measures of risk trends and discuss the divergences that have already developed. And, with the burden of fundamental and even speculative doubt hanging over the markets, we put the impressive AUDUSD-bull and USDollar-bear trends into perspective.
Why AUDUSD Leads and EURUSD Refuses to ParticipateBy John Kicklighter, Chief Currency Strategist
- Dec, 12 01:43 GMT Forex: EURUSD, EURJPY and S&P 500 Locked and Loaded?
- Dec, 12 01:24 GMT Forex Strategy Video: Rate, Stimulus Speculation Heating Up...Where’s the Volatility?
- Dec, 11 20:41 GMT New Zealand Dollar Rallies as RBNZ Forecasts Hikes
- Dec, 11 19:20 GMT DailyFX Technical Focus: 12/11/2013
- Dec, 11 03:53 GMT Forex: Before You Attempt a EURUSD Reversal or Jump on a USDJPY Trend...
- Jul, 19 02:28 GMT Risk Continues its Run and the Dollar Its Dive, Reversal Threat High
- Jul, 17 23:25 GMT Sharp Intraday Reversal in Dollar and S&P 500 Reflect Stimulus Hope
- Jul, 17 00:37 GMT Dollar Extends its Tumble but Risk Trends Level Off
- Jul, 16 21:54 GMT Fundamental Market Forecast - 07.16.2012
- Jul, 14 03:57 GMT EURUSD Holds Historic Support, Market Seeks Conviction on Risk