A 10-day bull run from GBPUSD - matching the strongest advance in three decades - was brought to an end Monday. This is an attractive statistic for those trying to pick reversals, but history says we need more to force a true reversal. In the meantime, traders are prepping for the RBA rate decision. Expectations have grown decisively dovish/bearish, meaning the bar has been set very low for a negative reaction from the Australian dollar. Could a rate cut actually end with an Aussie dollar rally? Also, we look at the shift in risk trends to start the weekend - breaking last week's bull trend; but once again, there is little momentum behind this change of tides.
Will GBPUSD Reverse after Massive Run and Setting Up RBA Impact
- Aug, 02 02:04 GMTTrading Video: Dollar, Euro and Equities Top Market Movers Next Week
- Aug, 02 00:34 GMTVolatility Measures Will Show Whether We Have Crossed the Rubicon
- Aug, 01 01:07 GMTTrading Video: Why Didn’t FX Join the S&P 500 and VIX Run?
- Aug, 01 00:09 GMTStrategy Video: Can NFPs Reinforce a Change in Volatility, Market Trend?
- Jul, 31 03:02 GMTForex Video: Long-Term US Dollar Outlook 07.31.2014
- Apr, 28 03:10 GMTDollar Tumbles as Risk Trends Climb, A Serious Decision Must be Made
- Apr, 27 03:25 GMTDollar’s Recovery, Market Activity Dependent on Volatility at Three Year Lows
- Apr, 26 04:46 GMTDollar, S&P 500 and GBPUSD Hold Ranges Despite Fed and UK Recession
- Apr, 25 01:13 GMTGBPUSD Top Volatility Risk Between UK GDP and FOMC Rate Decision
- Apr, 21 04:50 GMTEURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD and More Face Heavy Volatility on Packed Docket