The Euro stayed higher against the US Dollar on news that the European Central Bank left policy changes on hold. The central bank left its benchmark interest rate unchanged at 1%. The single currency was well bid against the US Dollar and Japanese Yen heading into ECB chief Mario’s Draghi’s speech in the hour following the release. The British Pound stayed higher against the Euro.
European Central Bank Leaves Benchmark Interest Rate Unchaged at 1%
- Aug, 05 02:10 GMTNew Zealand Dollar Drops after Jobs Data But Doesnt Make Critical Break
- Aug, 04 20:25 GMTAtlanta Fed President Lockhart Keeps Hawkish View for September Liftoff
- Aug, 03 21:10 GMTStandard and Poor’s Rating Downgrades EU Outlook Amidst Sustainability Fears
- Jul, 31 22:00 GMTUS Firms Hold Cash as Dollar Rises, A Sign of Excess?
- Jul, 31 21:15 GMTMonetary Policy Speculation Continues Next Week With NFPs, RBA and BoE
- Jun, 06 10:26 GMTEuro Weakens Intraday after Data Shows Drop in German Industrial Production
- Jun, 06 09:36 GMTEurozone Economy Contracts 0.1% from Q1 GDP of 2011
- Jun, 06 08:46 GMTSterling Unmoved on As-Expected UK Construction Data
- Jun, 06 02:24 GMTAustralian Dollar Surges after Blowout 1Q GDP Print
- Jun, 05 14:03 GMTLoonie Pares Gain as Bank of Canada Keeps Rate at 1%, Softens Hawkish Tone