The Euro stayed higher against the US Dollar on news that the European Central Bank left policy changes on hold. The central bank left its benchmark interest rate unchanged at 1%. The single currency was well bid against the US Dollar and Japanese Yen heading into ECB chief Mario’s Draghi’s speech in the hour following the release. The British Pound stayed higher against the Euro.
European Central Bank Leaves Benchmark Interest Rate Unchaged at 1%
- May, 28 02:44 GMTAustralian Dollar Drops as Capex Data Fuels RBA Rate Cut Bets
- May, 26 00:52 GMTAustralian Dollar Down Trend Ready to Resume?
- May, 20 03:23 GMTWalmart’s Earnings Hit by a Stronger Greenback
- May, 07 21:35 GMTPound Soars as Exit Polls Shows Conservatives Led in UK Election
- May, 07 04:18 GMTAustralian Dollar Little Changed Despite Loss in Employment Growth
- Jun, 06 10:26 GMTEuro Weakens Intraday after Data Shows Drop in German Industrial Production
- Jun, 06 09:36 GMTEurozone Economy Contracts 0.1% from Q1 GDP of 2011
- Jun, 06 08:46 GMTSterling Unmoved on As-Expected UK Construction Data
- Jun, 06 02:24 GMTAustralian Dollar Surges after Blowout 1Q GDP Print
- Jun, 05 14:03 GMTLoonie Pares Gain as Bank of Canada Keeps Rate at 1%, Softens Hawkish Tone