New York, May 25, 2010—DailyFX (www.dailyfx.com), FXCM’s free news and research Web site, is proud to announce the launch of its new, video-based DailyFXTrading Course, free to all live FXCM clients.
For years, FXCM has offered a variety of trading courses. These courses have been extremely popular, with thousands of students completing them. But despite their tremendous popularity, these courses underwent some revamping recently in order to continue setting the standard for online forex education.
“We have always been pleased with the positive reviews from traders who enrolled in the old Power Course,” says DailyFX Education Team Lead Jeremy Wagner. “But we realized we were reaching a relatively small portion of the forex community and limiting the amount of information that our students were learning. To make the course more effective and accessible, and to reach out to a larger group of traders, we decided to upgrade the course from a forum-based offering to a video-based offering. And so far, we’re really glad we did.”
Continuing the DailyFX commitment to provide traders with the very best educational tools and resources on the Web, the DailyFX Trading Course is designed to introduce popular trading tools and techniques in a manner that both new and experienced traders can benefit from. The bulk of the course consists of 60 video lessons, spanning 15 trading subjects, and over ten hours of live instructor led webinars each week. In addition to the videos and webinars, students can complete homework assignments and further their learning through course forum discussions. Moreover, the curriculum’s “go at your own pace” and “learn what you want” format provides students the flexibility and freedom to focus on the subjects they want for as long as they want.
However, unlike previous DailyFX course offerings, the new DailyFX Trading Course is not for sale. Instead it is free to all live FXCM clients.
“Rather than focusing our energies on selling the course to the general public, we’re concentrating all of our resources on our clients,” says Marc Prosser, CMO of FXCM. “We want our instructors to be able to dedicate all of their time to helping FXCM clients improve their trading skills and continue cultivating their passion for online currency trading.”
Participating in the new DailyFX Trading Course is easy. If you already have a live FXCM account, simply log into DailyFX+ and start learning. If you don’t have a live FXCM account but are interested in taking the course and gaining 24-hour, seven day a week access, simply open an FXCM account today.
What’s in the Course?
• Core Video Lessons: Each course subject has two core video lessons. The first lesson introduces the subject and primes students for the more advanced concepts covered in lesson two. The second lesson explores the subject in more detail, providing necessary information for mastery of the subject.
• Instructor Take Lessons: Each subject features two Instructor Take Lessons, in which a DailyFX instructor explains how they specifically trade with the subject under discussion (e.g. MACD).
• Daily Instructor Webinars: Every day, DailyFX course instructors will hold live webinars to complement the core video lessons. These webinars show traders, in real-time, how to apply what they learned in the video lessons to actual live trading situations. Following the trading portion of the webinar, the instructor will field questions and provide additional insight into the trading session.
• Homework: An extremely popular component of the original Power Course, homework assignments allow students to reflect on the lessons covered and gauge how well they have absorbed course materials. Students will also receive feedback on their homework from course instructors.
• Forums: After watching the video lessons or participating in the live webinars, there is a good chance that students will still have questions. For these instances, students can visit the DailyFX forums to pose questions directly to course instructors as well as continue to engage in subjects covered in the week’s lessons.
To learn more about the DailyFX Trading Course and to sign up for any live FXCM trading account, click here.
And to get a sneak peek at the new trading course, contact me at the email address below for a trial login.
# # #
FXCM Holdings LLC Facts
Forex Capital Markets (FXCM) is a leading global forex broker that caters to both retail and institutional markets. Founded in 1999, FXCM is one of the largest brokers, regulated by several of the world’s most respected financial authorities.
At the heart of FXCM’s client offering is No Dealing Desk* forex trading. Clients have Direct Market Access to some of the world's largest forex liquidity providers, enabling FXCM to offer clients spread as low as 1 pip on major crosses. Clients also have the benefits of mobile trading, one-click order execution, and trading from real-time charts. FXCM’s CFD product† offers no re-quote trading and allows traders to trade oil, gold, silver, and stock indices, along with forex on one platform. In addition to currency and CFD trading, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading, and provides free news and research through DailyFX.com.
* Please note, FXCM Micro, in its discretion, may or may not offset individual transactions unlike transactions in most FXCM standard accounts. For additional information, click here.
† Please note that CFD accounts are not available to residents of the U.S. and its territories.
Trading foreign exchange and CFD’s on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Phone: (646) 432-2122
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.
Learn forex trading with a free practice account and trading charts from FXCM.