The Australian Dollar has taken a heavy beating over recent weeks, with AUDUSD hitting a 20-month low to start this week. While worrisome data from China – Australia’s top trading partner – argues for continued weakness on the back of RBA rate cut expectations, the move lower seems vulnerable to correction. I will look for confirmation of a bottom being carved out near the 0.94 figure and allow prices to retrace higher, loosely aiming to get short in the 0.98-0.99 area (pending the formation of an actionable technical reversal signal).
AUD/USD Bounce to Yield Short Setup
- May, 28 12:30 GMTForex Strategy 05.28.2013: Stay Short GBPUSD, Long USDCAD and EURGBP
- May, 27 12:30 GMTForex Strategy 05.27.2013: Stay Short GBPUSD, Long USDCAD
- May, 24 12:30 GMTForex Strategy 05.24.2013: Enter Long USDCAD, Stay Short GBPUSD
- May, 23 12:30 GMTForex Strategy 05.23.2013: Stay Short GBPUSD
- May, 09 12:30 GMTForex Strategy 05.09.13: Stay Long EURUSD, Short GBPUSD